Monday, January 31, 2005

Dreaming is different than sleep walking

We were standing as a family in a certain area of our 82 acres in Vermont talking about what we would like to do with all this undeveloped land and my dad points to a outgrowth and says he would like to build a little shack there for a place of solitude. Well, even Vermont has building requirements and where my dad pointed to would be too close to the neighbors land and I said as much. He looked at me, down to my soul, and said “I can dream can’t I?”

It turns out that our land was surveyed incorrectly and the new property line would allow for my dad’s dream.

Maybe, I waste some of my time and effort on things that may not happen and when someone points this out to me I think “I can dream can’t I?”

You ask “Why?” I ask “Why not?”

No comments: