Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Please just use the mouse traps

So, it's 10PM eastern and I'm helping the owner with her email and in the office kitchen I hear a rustling.

I know what it is, it’s a mouse in one of the left over Christmas Baskets that hasn’t yet been delivered. I had seen two mice and this very same basket on Sunday night.

The little fella didn’t care for the mouse trap.

I left the owner’s office and entered the kitchen and gave the offending basket a shake and out comes a mouse who is now between the outer plastic wrapping and the basket.

So, I think

And think some more

The thinking is how to end a life

The mouse isn’t digging his new popularity and is getting antsy, so I have to stop the thinking and get to doing. I can’t let him go outside because he’ll just come right back in, so I picked up a stapler and gave the small brown rodent a stern thump on the head. I watched him slump to the bottom of the plastic wrapping motionless at first and then he starts twitching, so I cut him out of the plastic, grab his tail and bring him to the closest toilet.

And now there is this foolish remorse for this mouse who was just doing what mice do

No comments: