Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Sshhh...

Back in the day when I was in school, grades 1-12, sometimes there would come when the teacher would call on the class for answers. Me, being shy and reserve and not wanting to look like a know-it-all, would never answer the first time the question was asked but after a while the silence would bother me so I would speak up.

On to the next question, I would do the same only the pause between question and answer would be shorter. After a few questions, I would forego the pausing and just give the answer, then teacher would ask does anybody know besides Tim.

The moral of this story I have a hard time not answering a question when the room gets silent. I can do it but it’s difficult mainly because I just want to move things along…

but sometimes that’s not the point of the question.

No comments: