Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Oooo... Training

In this workshop you will learn to distinguish assertive communication from communication that is aggressive, passive, and passive aggressive. Practice constructive techniques for
* Expressing your needs
* Disagreeing constructively
* Requesting a change of behavior from someone
* Giving constructive feedback
* Delivering your message more clearly and confidently

Learn to deal with conflict and criticism by
* Distinguishing helpful/unhelpful criticism
* Seeing mistakes as learning experiences
* Clarifying your critic’s message
* Responding to unfair criticism or put downs
You will share ideas and solutions with other participants, practice skills and receive supportive feedback.

I suppose yelling "Hey! Listen up" is not a constructive way to express my needs

I suppose yelling "You suck!" is not classified as disagreeing constructively

I suppose yelling "Cut the shit!" is not a proper way to request a change in behavior

I suppose yelling "Dumbass" is different than giving constructive feedback.

I think I have the "Delivering your message more clearly and confidently" thing down pat.

No comments: