Wednesday, January 05, 2005

"I'm gonna hafta take a point"



I thought I had emailed that post to myself but once I got home I couldn’t find it, not at the address I mailed it to nor at the address I mailed it from, I then guessed that I did not email it after all. So, I rewrote it and during the rewrite the flavor changed.

I tend to rewrite a lot of things if I get the opportunity. I sometimes have a waiting period between when I’ll write something and when I’ll send it, a kind of cooling down period. Sometimes I’ll change my mind about sending/posting it at all which brings about a debate on whether I actually believe it at all.

If you believe it then speak it …but sometimes it’s best to wait your turn to speak.

Sometimes a whisper is heard louder than a shout.

Sometimes I don’t wait, I’ll just spit it.

You can tell where my words originate - my heart is bolder than my head and my head tries to be more diplomatic than my heart, sometimes they both click, work in concert, I get the best of both worlds which is nice because usually the two are at odds.

The owner was rearranging the office.

“Things should be a certain way” she said.

“I agree but some don’t make the effort” I agreed.

“Well, things are going to be done my way.”

“And they should be but it’s hard to get your way when you’re not here.” I offered

“He’s earned that” was heard from the peanut gallery after a laugh.

“But that problem seems to be fixed” I added.

“He takes a shot and then he softens it” the owner noticed.

I just smiled ‘cause that’s just me, that’s my style a stiff left jab followed by a right that just kisses.

Keeps your hands up and protect yourself at all times.

No comments: