Sunday, January 30, 2005

safe ain't fun (mostly)

So, I hold my niece part way out the kitchen window so she can touch an icicle and she gets all squirmy and says it’s not safe and she was touching her head.

I think “No shit it ain’t safe” but I had just done something more unsafe myself to get a photo of an icicle but she wasn’t talking about being hung out the window she was talking about the icicle.

Her grandmother told her icicles are dangerous. The danger comes from them falling on your head but this wasn’t explained too well to the two year old.

So, I reach out the window and snap off the frozen water and try to hand it to her but she still wouldn’t take it.

So, I said “It’s safe you can eat it if you want” and I was just about to demonstrate but I knew where that water came from so I just dropped it out the window.

...

I have more mouse traps to set at the second office.

...

I bought a book about birds because I don’t know nothing about birds. I saw a Downey Woodpecker and some sort of hawk today as well as those birds I took pictures of, I know it was a Downey Woodpecker because my $36.95 book told me so.

One thing I noticed was that the birds come by between sunrise and 10:00am and then they’re gone. The squirrels show up at about 8:30am, stay around until about 11:00am disappear and come back for a couple hours at 2:30pm.

...

I bought another book I probably won’t read “The Gypsy Man.” It was on sale.

No comments: