Thursday, January 20, 2005

I'm about to eat my nuts

“Hey Bob what’s up?”

“Nuthen but I’m about to eat my nuts”

Bob had in his hand a can of peanuts which aren’t actually nuts, they’re legumes

I hear little conversations like this all day long.



I know I sarcastically said that I love the bus but I actually don’t mind public transportation. I actually use the bus infrequently only under special situation do I ever have need for the bus, I usually make do with the subway.

I’m being publicly transported only about 30 minutes each way, each business day, I rarely get a seat because I live relatively close to where I work, downtown, the only thing I can comfortably read is the paper. I’ve tried reading books and I don’t like it.

The thing about public transportation, for me anyway, is that I’m limited in what I can do so I get some quiet time and it conveniently comes at the beginning and the end of each working day.

Do I love the bus? No, but I like what it affords me.

Do I think you care? I would worry about you if you truly did but downwindofabum.blogspot.com got me thinking about it.

No comments: