Tuesday, January 04, 2005

I forgot the title

When Lee left a comment my New Year’s day post about the raccoons and signed it citi kid, it made me wonder where I picked up my attitude towards wild animals because except for one school year when I was nine, I have always lived in the city. And in that one school year, when I lived I in the suburbs, I didn’t come across any wild animals, except for garder snakes . My experiences with raccoons, opossums, skunks, bats and the more common mice, rats, squirrels and birds have all come while I was in the city.

The first time I witnessed a hawk up close, outside of captivity, was when one was eating a pigeon in the middle of one of Boston’s old cow path streets, called Creek Sq., 600 feet from City Hall.

I can’t remember when I learned what a smell of a skunk was like

…but then I don’t remember a lot of stuff

No comments: