Sunday, January 09, 2005

More of just me talking to myself

I’m used to not winning because the fights I get into usually have the odds stacked against me.

Sometimes, I’ll take on something small, something to try and encourage me to carry on, something that might bolster my lifetime record of wins and losses but those wins ring hollow. A win that almost anybody could accomplish, in the end, seems like a waste of my time, I should have been fighting a bigger fight.

“I don’t see us winning this.”

“I know but if there is a chance, shouldn’t we try?”

I hate it when I have no argument but then it’s hard to argue against the truth, or at least what I believe to be the truth.

I hate it in the end when someone else’s parade goes by and I’m not too big of a man to say “I told you so.” On the better days, the reply I usually get is “But we were close.” And, usually there will be some other benefit stated, like we’ve found a couple more people who are willing to take a chance on something better.

Even on the worst days there is usually some benefit even if it’s just practice for some other thing, some other fight, some other day.

I don’t enjoy watching the other guy win but I know I would enjoy it less if he was unopposed.

This is just so I don’t forget.

No comments: