Sunday, January 02, 2005

"You probably don't give a shit, but..."

I like the fact that your journal doesn't involve insightful and original takes on the state of the world. I like the pretty pictures.

I’m just a nobody that found your site while looking for the Official Rules for a Yankee Swap but I don’t think a true asshole would be bothered, that sometime in the world, it’s kittens vs. bunnies.

A true asshole wouldn’t give a damn.

January 16, 2004


...

That's the first email I ever sent to a stranger, the first I ever sent to a blogger.

The title of this post is what I put in the subject line of the email, she wrote back that she did give a shit.

I was reading her site for maybe a month, reading words that essencially bared her throat. I would often wonder why she would do such a thing, why would she lay herself bare.

...

i do

give a shit that is and send you about four hundred and forty four thank yous for what you wrote to me. cause it's dope and courageous to write notes to peeps you do not know.

what's a yankee swap? how great is it that you can find a person who doesn't know fuckall about a yankee swap by looking for the official rules for a yankee swap? i love this internet shit.

thank you, is what i mean to say. and thank you.

friday kicks ass so far on my end. hope the same goes for you.

January 16, 2004


...

That's the first reply from a blogger.

If her reply would have been something different I'm not certain I would still be sending the emails (or comments) that I sometimes send.

I didn't know it was "courageous to write notes to peeps you do not know" I just figured the email address was there for a reason.

I thought it was far more courageous to expose your jugular to all comers and do so with the confidence that come what may, you will survive. I still think it's far more courageous.

Two days after that reply this site appeared, although my 'courageousness' ends with the emails because I keep all my vital parts covered.

The point of this all - maybe nothing - maybe everything - maybe i love this internet shit, too - sometimes - even if it is for losers - or a person of three - or someone famous in a specific world - or someone who lets you listen to some secret frequency - or someone who paints an image with words and brush - or someone who sings from the heart with voice and a site - or maybe I'm just using old emails for a post.

...

So what's the big deal? It's just another new year, no more important than any other day that dawns, dawning on all those other first days of the rest of your life.

New day tomorrow, or at least that's the rumor.

I think I'll live it.

No comments: