Thursday, January 13, 2005

I would rather know than not, mostly

So, there is this free paper that gets passed out and I guess some of the executives said some things that were racial, so some folks call for an immediate boycott of the paper.

Which brought up another paper that people boycotted years ago for reasons called racism, I personally don’t hold the paper totally responsible because the police were, in fact, giving wrong information. I actually buy this paper every weekday. I buy this paper and another co-worker buys the other major paper and we share them with the office.

Racism is foolish, I don’t understand it, it’s also dangerous but here’s the deal with the newspaper, I want to hear the other side of the story even if it’s false because I think it’s easier to talk about things if I know what the other side is saying, otherwise I’m just talking and not communicating.

No comments: