Friday, August 26, 2005

'Above the fold' is a newspaper term, firstly.

poker tomorrow

I think I'll try to win this time

...

some junkie died of a heroin overdose in Boston Common. It made the front page of the Boston Herald. The story would have been 'above the fold' if the Herald wasn't in a tabloid format.



The junkies dying in the doorways of the public housing developments do not get front page coverage.

...

I looked up 'above-the-fold'


and the first sites that show up refer to above the fold as an internet term and don't even mention the phrase's origin and it's still present day use.

I wouldn't mind so much if a webpage had a fold but it doesn't


...

So, it was some of my best work.

My spies told me that I was about to be asked to help a co-worker with their job. I was told to hide.

I remained un-hid.

Many times, for years, others and I have tried to get this co-worker help because sometimes where he is at becomes too busy for one person to do. Presently, I'm on a huge project that has a deadline that has been printed in both major newspapers and time is tight, I really don't need any extra things to do.

So, some administrator came by my desk and asked me to help.

Usually, I'm cucumber cool. Usually, the worst folks will get is sarcasm with a bit of a bite. So, when I make a scene it's a show worth watching.

So, I stood up.

"I guess my project is over" I declared and then threw what I was 'working' on into my trash bin and then removed a map of my project and shoved that into the my recycle bin.

I then went to help. Leaving both the administrator and one of my supervisors slack-jawed.

What I think is great about this is that what I was 'working' on was actually a blank form that I hadn't started filling out yet and the map I threw into the recycle bin was outdated and I needed to print a new version. And, I probably bought myself more time on the project or at least set the foundation for an excuse.

My displays are mostly show.

I'm a showman

No comments: