Thursday, August 25, 2005

...if I did at least it was at a high price

It always happens when I take a day off from the day job to show up at the second job. I'll show up and it'll be just like old times, just like it was ten years ago.

Even though my office is up the stairs out of sight, they always seem to know I'm in the office. They know I'm there so they'll come by and ask things. They ask me things in person that they wouldn't ask otherwise. I'll answer their questions as I wonder what they would do if I want sitting in front of them. I always seem to have the answers, that's probably the reason they come by my desk.

I always wonder if I made the right choice. The choice that provided me with heath care, a retirement plan, security, paid vacations, paid holidays, paid sick days, paid personal days, a house, a truck... I'm an old pro there too, folks come by my day-job desk all the time for answers as well, I usually have some sort of answer for them.

I wonder if I sold out.

No comments: