Wednesday, August 17, 2005

So, I was thinking the other day

I was thinking I want to do something creative

something that I've never seen before

but creativity really isn't my thing

my thing is reworking other things, changing them a bit like this picture below of a 3-D puzzle of a dragon fly (it's sitting on a quarter).



I scanned the parts, traced them into a vector image and rescaled them to a relatively huge size, I think it worked out to be 1600 times larger, and then cut it out on a bandsaw and came up with what's in the picture below



even though, in the photos they kinda look like the same size, in the second photo you can just make out a little green speck sitting on the wing just past the hump on the dragonfly's back - that little green speck is the dragonfly in the top photo

lately I've been thinking about doing things in leather. I used to do things with leather as a hobby and I still have all the stuff and the idea I got was to make a dragonfly out of leather, maybe about five to six inches long. I would cut two mirror images of each piece out and then stitch the two pieces together back to back for stiffness.

I would stain it a dark color with maybe a little iridescent paint for highlights

and then I would sell it on Ebay

No comments: