Sunday, August 07, 2005

but then again my niece thinks I'm the stupid one...

So, there was this guy wearing a business suit and a gorilla mask passing out business cards that on one side where advertising the History Channel’s show Ape to Man and on the other side it looked like a regular business card. One of my buddies approached me carrying such a card.

“Hey, did you see that guy in the gorilla suit?”

“No, but yesterday there was a guy just in a gorilla mask”

“Yeah, that’s the guy. He’s passing out these cards for this show and do you know what’s best about it?”

“No”

“His name is Mann” and he showed me the card as he was explaining that the guy in the ape mask advertising the show Ape to Man is really, actually named Mann and he’s dressed like an ape.

He didn't actually elbow me in the ribs and asked if I got it but I had the distinct impression that is what he wanted to do.

I took the card and looked at it. It read:
A. T. Mann
123 Apedale Road
Chimpville, CA 01234

and a phone number with some other piece of information I have since forgotten.

As I pointed at the initials of the guy's name I said "Ape to Man. A. T. Mann, Ape to Man, it’s a joke"

"Yeah, I know but the guy's name is Mann"

"No, it's just a promotional thing" I said in vain because he still didn’t get it. "Listen I can guarantee you that there is no Chimpville California. It's made up" also was said in vain.

No comments: