Monday, August 15, 2005

I was left a note that someone never received a check so I checked the checks and they all checked out so I called the bank and the check had yet to post. I printed out a copy of the check I wrote and gave it to the person whose claim it was that they were missing a check. She wrote me a note on that same copy that she never received such check and asked that I write her a new one. I don't like checks just floating about so I tried to find the check but the check would not be found and as I was finishing writing a note to the owner of the company, requesting that she assign some staff member to the task of searching files for the check, I got a feeling that the check in question might have fallen behind her mailbox like some of her mail does so I looked in her mail box but nothing had fallen behind but I did check the mail that was present and there was the check in a sealed envelope with her name on it. I held it to a light source just to confirm it.

So, on the copy of the check I printed out for her, on which she wrote her note, I wrote her back using a Sharpie marker.

"This check was lying down sideways in your mailbox. I have since stood it up. - Tim"

No comments: