Wednesday, August 03, 2005

so, I was at the local professional ball field watching the local world champion's from rather pricey seats and I said to my buddy next to me that I know the guy selling the popcorn, I further explained that he is one of my sister's former students and that he has an association with professional wrestling and I told my buddy his ring name and that his real name is Nick.

I would tell you his ring name here but I would rather that it not show up in searches because most blogs, like this one, are lame and I really don't go around shouting that I have a blog to friends or family or associates. (and actually his name isn't Nick it's something else)

Anyway, I had just sat down in my prized seat as Nick was going by selling his popcorn and I missed my chance but he came back around during the sixth inning. I stood and called for the popcorn vendor.

"I'd like one" I said as I was peeling of a five and a single from my folded bills and Nick started to remove a bag from the stick that the bags were attached to and as he was busy I said "Hey, aren't you Nick 'the muskrat'?"

That's not his ring name I'm just using it as if it were and I really didn't want any popcorn but I wanted to surprise him. I'm glad he wasn't hawking the foam fingers.

Dude's face went blank and then his eyes got wide with surprise and then he looked confusion all before he said "Yes, I am" and then there was an awkward silence which I let linger.

I live for that awkward silence, I seek it out sometimes. I find it very amusing.

I handed him my six bucks for the four dollar bag, said thanks and made like I was about to sit back down all the while he's still in a bit of shock. Then I told him who I was and how I knew about him to which he gave me a sly smile, like he didn't believe me but he did ask me to say hi to my sister for him.

I then called up my sister.

"Hey, I just bought popcorn from Nick the muskrat"

She burst out laughing "So, you're at the ballgame?"

"Yeah"

"Did you tell him who you were?"

"Eventually. He says hi"

No comments: