Thursday, August 11, 2005

Tuesday I had had enough, enough of the day job and enough of the second job, I made it through both of them but I did decide to take Wednesday off by using a personal day.

Tuesday night I finished the second job at 11PM which is earlier than normal for me but it was certainly later than I had wished it to be. When I got home I did some time calculations and figured I could take public transportation to downtown and stay at a certain establishment until they closed at 2AM.

I walked through the door at 11:30PM, downstairs was crowded with the karaoke crowd so I went upstairs. Danielle was upstairs and she didn't look happy. Few of the bartenders like working the upstairs bar and she isn't one of the few and to make matters worse she had a cold with a fever but there really wasn't anyone else to call in to cover her shift so she came into work anyway.

Seeing Danielle actually made me realize that my lot really wasn't all that bad. I order a beer which she picked up the bill for and then I ordered a shot of Stoli Raz. She really didn't look like she wanted any company and that was the best I had to offer so I went back downstairs.

Downstairs, it was still standing room only, I ordered a beer, which the bartender picked up the bill for, and wanted for a stool.

I actually meant to type 'waited for a stool' but 'wanted' works too

I got a stool another beer later. Chit chatting with the barkeeps established me as a regular which cause the guy next to me to ask questions, the answers to which he rewarded with a beer, then a shot, then a beer and then a shot.

He had a lot of questions.

No comments: