Thursday, August 11, 2005

When I first arrive at the day job I notice that some lights weren't lit so I look into the electrical panel and checked the circuit breakers. I looked and noticed that none of the breakers looked tripped so I walked away. I walked away knowing that sometime breaker trip but they don't look tripped. I walked away knowing that possibly resetting all the breaker might fix the problem. I walked away because I didn't want to shut the power off at every desk because I didn't know if folks were working on things or not.

Some buddy else walked in, an hour after me, noticed that the lights were out, looked into the electrical panel, noticed that none of the circuit breakers looked tripped and then proceeded to reset every circuit breaker individually.

I don't know about where you work but my computer doesn't have an uninterruptible power source (UPS) hooked up to it, so my computer shut off.

I stood up and noticed the culprit standing across the way at the breaker box and shouted "Thanks. It's not like I was doing anything important on my computer" to which the culprit then offered his apologies.

The truth is I wasn't doing anything important on my computer at the time of the interruption but I felt that the guy should be at least be made aware of the fact that you just can't go around shutting the power off without letting folks know before hand during normal business hours.

If this had happened on Tuesday I would have gone ape shit on the guy but today I'm going for mellow.

No comments: