Thursday, August 11, 2005

So, Wednesday I slept in a bit, did nothing until noon time, decided that I would go downtown for lunch because Danielle would be working the day shift, if she survived the night and I was actually a little concerned about her.

She survived. The cheeseburger club was on the specials so I ordered that as Danielle asked me about last night because she was having trouble figuring out when she was having the worst of it.

"When did you get here?"

"Eleven thirty"

"Because I threw up ten minute earlier than that, someone was telling me it was ten but I didn't think it was that early."

"You looked pretty bad. I felt bad for you. I was going to hang out upstairs with you but you didn't look like you wanted company"

"No, I really didn't and I had these two regulars that were there, and they're nice guys but they just kept on wanting to talk to me and I really just wanted to be left alone"

The plan was for just lunch and then get some stuff done but when I got there my boss was there and then a buddy came in and then both of them had to leave but my boss was going to come back and he asked me to save his seat and then when he got back there was an earlier than normal shift change because Danielle still wasn't feeling great so Emily came in and then she started talking with me so I ended up staying till 6:30PM.

It all seemed very familiar.

No comments: