Friday, August 26, 2005

I'm here all next week

So, maybe an espresso drink wasn't the best choice.

That same administrator, who I actually like, was talking to my direct supervisor, my direct supervisor sits in the cube next to mine.

A different co-worker was passing by my cube and asked if I completed that purchase order for him. Anyone can do these purchase orders it just seems that I'm the only one that does them. I don't mind because I have a good working relationship with the contractor of which the request will be made.

I stood up again.

"Listen, I got your email but I haven't done anything with it yet because I've been doing everybody's job but my own!"

I then smiled at the dude and made a head motion to the administrator so my co-worker would know I was just joking about.

I sat back down.

The administrator then came over to my cube and asked if he should take my map out of the trash for me.

"No. The project is over." I said calmly without looking at him

"It's really not up to you when the project is over"

"Then who's it up to? Because come mid-October, I'm not going to be finished!"

"It's up to the *big boss*."

Then the *big boss* came by.

"Where's that project?" the big boss asked, he was joking.

"It's in the trash" the administrator said.

"It's in trash?" - big boss

"Yeah, but he's printing a new one" - administrator

I was printing a new one.

I knew I should have waited longer to print the new one.

The joke was over, but by then I had already sent my message and even the Big Boss heard it and promises of changes were made.

I smiled at the administrator then said "It was a pretty good show though. Wasn't it?"

"Yeah, I was very good. I'm going to come by later for the afternoon show."

No comments: