Tuesday, February 21, 2006

The following is over 500 words just because I wanted to write the sentence

She summed it up by saying, almost apologetically, that she was "Just being a girl."


So if I were you I wouldn't bother reading the rest.

I left the house because I was tired of it. I really had no place I wanted to go so I went to an art supply store, but before I went to the art store I went to Best Buy because it was in between of where I parked and where I wanted to go. In Best Buy I was just browsing about. I looked at things for iPods and PDA's, I looked at notebook computers and then digital camera accessories. I had just arrived at the smart cards section and noticed a price that indicated $60 off of a 1GB card when I was bothered by a sales person. I do a lot of browsing and I really don't need any help using my eyes so when I hear "Can I help you?" I usually say "No" but this time I said something different. I asked if that $60 discount shows up at the register or would I have to mail stuff in. He replied that I would have to mail stuff in but he ran a price check anyway.

I wanted a 1GB card, I don't really need it but I want it, I've wanted one ever since I got the new camera but I don't want to mail stuff and then wait for a check because often those checks don't make it to the bank so it ends up being a waist of my time and I knew that even sixty dollars wouldn't motivate me to go to the bank but the card rang up at $49.99, it surprised the salesman. I bought it.

In the art supply store I seen some nifty things and bought some other things, like a sumi brush and sumi ink and black markers and a forty five degree triangle and some sumi paper. Some pompous arrogant artsy fartsy old maid with no true friends jumped the checkout line but it was the spot after me so my concern was of a lesser amount. She dumped all her items on the checkout counter.

"Do you want to go ahead of me? Because you were here first, you can go ahead" she said to the guy behind me. The guy didn't move, he just said "No go ahead."

I looked up from signing the receipt for my credit card purchase because I just had to get a better look at that piece of work. Upon leaving the store I had wished she jumped in front of me because I certain would have voice some of what went racing through my head.

On the way back home I dropped by the bar to check on the bartender. I didn't have to say much, I played it cool because it was really none of my business. Through the course of our normal banter she said she was dealing with not getting anything on Valentine's Day. I mentioned that Friday didn't seem good for her.


She summed it up by saying, almost apologetically, that she was "Just being a girl."

No comments: