Tuesday, February 07, 2006

I like the hat. It's an okay hat.

It was too early to go to lunch so I grabbed a coffee instead. I wanted to sit down so I did so in the upper level of Quincy Market. I was drinking and thinking when a bunch of young school children started to fill all the empty tables around me, I calculated that there were more butts than chairs. I gave up the table I was hogging and ended up sitting on some stairs out of the way of any travel lanes.

"Nice hat."

"Thanks" I replied

"When did you get it?"

"About four years ago" (it's actually about eight)

"Did you get it there?" (Grand Teton National Park)

"Yup. I was there in March so there was still snow on the ground and the weather wasn't great but there were a couple days I got to see some things"

"It's beautiful out there, isn't it?"

"Yep"

That's the third time in the eight years I have had the hat that someone has commented on it and two of them in the last two days

No comments: