Thursday, February 02, 2006

She was running the tips of her fingers through the hair over my ear, I could feel her breathe on me. I wanted to be mad at her, after all that was the plan that I agreed to but it all went wrong when she touched me. The best I could do was to maintain my silence.

"You know, you’re going gray?" she whispered. I offered no reply. "Does it bother you?"

I wanted to tell her what did bother me and it certainly wasn't a few gray hairs. I wanted to tell her my whole philosophy of life and that I wasn't certain she still fit in it. I wanted to tell her all the things I've kept from her. I wanted to lay bare my soul but all the reasons why I haven't told her those things before where still in place.

I slowly closed my eyes, took a slow deep breathe and kept my silence as I thought about how much I had missed her touch.

No comments: