Sunday, February 19, 2006

I hadn't seen her for awhile and though I think it could be problem prone to swing by the bar on a Sunday afternoon, I did it anyway.

I told her I was there to see her.

"You didn’t even know I was going to be here."

"I asked about you" there was some drama at the bar and she actually left for about three weeks, she had recently started a regular job and I hadn't been seeing too much of her anyway. I had missed her, so dropped by. I was surprised to see a couple other regulars.

The plan was to have a Glenlivet on the rocks and then leave but things didn't work out that way. When she asked "What now?" after I finished the Scotch, I said "A Bud Light" and then a Red Death and then an Amstel Light.

She asked when she would see me next. I told her that her new schedule really wasn't working for me. She then told me I just gave her the brush off. I disagreed as I told her it was nice to see her. Walking away I wanted to prove her wrong but I wasn't going to commit to coming in next Sunday so I picked her up two of her favorite things, the white chocolate sea shells from Godiva and some oatmeal raisin chocolate chip cookies from the Chipyard.

I returned and gave her both as I said "Just to prove that I haven’t forgotten about you" and then heard her say "These are my favorites. You just made my day."

I'm an opportunist.

...
Photo Hosted at Buzznet.com
I entitled this 'Unseen Jester' which was mildly more humorous after a few drinks

No comments: