Tuesday, February 21, 2006

I didn't know he was from out of town because he looked like just any other working class bloke but then he started asking questions.

"What's that tall building across the street?" he asked.

"That's the Custom House but now it's part of the Marriot Hotel chain"

"And what's that old building up the street?" In Boston, there are a lot of old buildings, up the street or otherwise but there is only one old building he would be asking about.

"That's the Old State House. They read the Declaration of Independence from there." I sort of trailed off at the end, for some reason, at that moment, that old building's place in history cause a bit of awe in me.

"Really?"

"Yup, and that's where the Boston Massacre took place, too. Right in front."

"Tim's full of history, that's why we keep him around" the bartender added. I think she was slightly mocking me in jest.

I told myself "Yeah, old news" and I turned my attention to making my draft beer a thing of the past.

No comments: