Monday, February 27, 2006

so

last night i wrote a bunch of words, some might get posted, some might get emailed, most likely they will all just be forgotten.

reading around my little corner of the blogosphere lately makes me want to be a better writer or maybe just a better liver, as in one who lives and not that tasty reddish-brown essential organ. i've never eating liver to my knowledge.

so, around the office someone was collection money for lottery tickets for some multi-million dollar drawing, i gave a buck. i contributed to the cause just to be part of the team, which doesn't benefit me but helps to give a boost to the team. after i contributed, the organizer of the effort presented me with a list. the list had all the contributors in a column on the left and the rest of the page was a space for the contributors to note what they would do with the money. the grand idea, as it was presented to me, was that the names and the usages would be mixed up and then all the contributors would try and match them back up. i was told that it would be fun.

i didn't fill mine out, partly because i had no plans for the money other than paying off the mortgage, car payment and credit cards. i had no grand plans. i left the space beside my name blank. i'm not big on parlor games.

No comments: