Tuesday, February 14, 2006

I made a change today. I wonder what the line is on me changing back.

You can't win by betting against yourself. You either lose the bet or you fail your objective. I have a habit of betting against myself.


Her voice was deep, her hair brunette. She was sitting on the stairs with her back to me and she had her left leg lifted one stair higher than her ass. She was dressed in layers but her womanly curves could still be detected. Later, she shifted her position and rested her left leg against the trash barrel at the bottom of the granite stairs. She held a previously unseen bag of ice against her knee. She held it there over her clothed knee for a couple minutes before she bared her smooth and tanned leg to provide direct contact with the ice bag.

I couldn't hear the conversation she was having with her man friend but the tones weren't happy ones. He seemed to be doing his best to make an unpleasant situation better. She seemed to be doing her best of hanging on to the unpleasantness. I surmised he might have had something to do with injury, or that she was just a bitch.

Her friend left to browse the vender carts when someone known to me appeared on the stairs to her left I was sitting on the next set of stairs to her right. He called to me and I waved back. In route to my location he stopped by the injured party. He introduced himself and announced that he was single, he's slightly impaired, I figured I was about to find out what type of person she was.

She answered the questions he had and she seemed rather patient and understanding of the situation. Listening to Mike question her I found out that she hurt her knee two days prior when she fell while at the beach. Mike lost interest in her when her friend returned.

No comments: