Thursday, January 05, 2006

the after taste of evil doesn't disappear with the use of a wedge of lime

a small good

"You can't have it both ways"

What I usually hear myself say is "You can't be both. Either or" so, then I argue why not get rich selling hard drugs to school kids.

When I argue with myself and with others, I'll usually just jump to an extreme because I rather not waste too much time.

Well, I would rather not sell drugs to kids.

Good people sometimes do bad things is what the counter point that is heard.

When that bad thing happens, what happens next? I'll usually try to make things right or at least try to put an end to it which usually starts another argument on whether or not I'm making things right because it's what I want to do deep down in my soul or just because I think people should be treated fairly which starts another argument on whether it's better to do what's right out of a sense of social obligation or to do what's right because you live rightly.

I usually end the self discussion with the believe that if the end result is towards the up side, if I learned something from the matter - like I don't like the after taste of evil, than that's something good, not a nice pleasing tasty good but a good none the less and if I prefer good over something not good than that makes me good, not a great good maybe even some tiniest amount of good but good none the less

No comments: