Friday, January 27, 2006

Standing in the kitchen with my sister were two former students of hers, they were going to help with the grunt work of the soup kitchen endeavor. I usually don't help much when my sister volunteers for this sort of thing not because I don't want to help but because she doesn't need my help. I make certain to hang around in the shadows and if I hear a snag being hit, I'll make my more. It's her thing and if I were to get involved then in the eyes of others some of her effort would be contributed to me, so I remove myself. I stay a quiet advisor.

Anyway, my sister was talking to me while I was in the living room, "Oh, yeah. Miss Smith says you're very good looking, so you were right, she was smitten with you."

Miss Smith directed me to the library where my sister works. She greeted me with a larger than normal smile so I had told my sister that Miss Smith was smitten with me.

"Listen, you don't believe me but I live with that all the time."

"And then she adds that 'he's good looking because he looks like you'"

"Yeah, you're a very handsome woman." I laughed.

"Yeah, I know what was that about? It's too late lady"

Her former students enjoyed the show.

No comments: