Saturday, January 14, 2006

Photo Hosted at Buzznet.com


so, because the dough is still doing its thing during the first rising, you get a rare Saturday post. One of my things to do today was to drive Little g to get her hair braided on the way an ambulance when whizzing by us with the lights and sirens going.

“They do sometimes just so they can get past the lights. Why do they do that?”

“I guess because they can.”

“But they can’t.”

“But they do”

“But they shouldn’t.”

she had me there.

walking to the store to get some hair for single braids, it was raining with a very mild temperature.

“You’re wearing just that lightest coat and a hat?”

“Yeah, why not? What should I be wearing?¬ I’m not even wearing any socks.” I showed her I wasn’t wearing socks.

“That’s just not right.”

after we bought the hair we went to the home of the lady that was to do the braiding. She wasn’t at home even though we were on time so, I started to drive Little g back home.

“Are you mad?” she asked.

“No”

“You aren’t?”

“Nope. What good would getting mad do?”

“You’re right. I’m not mad.” a few moments later she said “I’m disappointed. Not mad. Aren’t you disappointed?”

“Yeah, I guess I’m disappointed.”

No comments: