Friday, January 13, 2006

vapid came to mind on the subway today


I was there for lunch and even though it was a slow day someone was in my favorite seat. I sat by the Jager machine. I usually don't like sitting by the Jager machine but then usually I'm drinking, usually it's at night. After fifteen minutes the place cleared out, it was just the help and me. She came over and sat in front of me on the cooler with the bottled beer, like she was lounging. We were watching the world's strongest man competition. The conversation was casual, lazy and sparse. We were both taking a break from our day.

She was working a double shift and asked if I would be coming in later. I told her no because I was working the second job but gave her hope for the next day. She'll be there at seven, I'll be there at four.

No comments: