Monday, January 23, 2006

The roof and I have reached an accord. Part of the agreement is that I will pay more attention to it.

Saturday, while I was making routine repairs to my aging roof, I checked my previous repairs, most were neat and sound. The wind was noticeable so sometimes I would just sit down and let the wind have its way. Fighting vertigo and wind gusts gets a little tricky at times, with wind gusts you want to lean in an opposite direction of which the wind is pushing you, with vertigo you have to tell yourself not to lean at all.

Sitting, almost admiring my past handy work, I wondered how much of my life I have wasted. I could have sold my talents to a number of willing buyers but I chose not to sell. Instead of investing, I've horded and by now some things have lost some value.

I tried to figure when I was at my prime and then I wondered if one can even have a prime if one has never strived. I figured that I could match anything I have done in the past, not due to some lasting high level of ability but due to a lack of a noteworthy past.

I wonder if I've left a dent anywhere in the world I've walked.

I wonder if I ever even tried.

No comments: