Friday, January 27, 2006

She a showman or show-woman, I guess.

I took yesterday off and while I was finishing "If You Want to Write" by Brenda Ueland, I got a phone call.

"What are you doing taking the day off" Lady G asked, so I told her.

"Did you forget about those things?"

"No, they're sitting on my desk."

"Well, I only have one day I can get into town so that does me no good."

"You can get them up from my desk."

"I can?"

"Sure. You're known."

So, I told her where exactly I had placed them and she picked them up because they were gone today. Today, I'm doing my normal routine and a bubblely Jill calls to me from down the hall.

"I know why you love Lady G as much as you do" she told me all pleased with herself.

"Oh? And why is that?"

"Because she's very pretty, that's why."

"That's just one of the reasons"

"She's also dresses very nicely. She's always in fashion." She added this not as another reason for my love but as an observation that she was proud she could share.

"Yeah, she quite aware of those things."

"Anyway, she's very pretty" is what she preached to the choir in closing.

No comments: