Sunday, January 29, 2006

the photo proves otherwise

Photo Hosted at Buzznet.com


I'm tired of that photo that is presently leading off my buzznet account.

That's happens a lot. I start to hate that lead off photo.

I was drunk when I took that photo. I had just come from Lady G's house. I was at the bar when I was called and asked to check on Little g. Little g wasn't answering her cell phone so her mom didn't know where she was.

"Are you intoxicated?" I believe is what I heard after I said "Hello." My answer was "Not quite" but I think I was mistaken. From the bar to their house is a fifteen minute trip. The trip is a little longer when you have to take a piss.

As I got to their courtyard, I got another call, and because I wasn't inside the house yet I gave a play by play as to what was happening.

"I don't see any lights on" I walked up to the third floor and went inside. "Hello!...Little g?" I told her mom I got no reply. I walked up the stairs to the second floor of their apartment and called again with no results. I started to worry. I then opened the door to her room, she was sleeping in her bed. It was still kind of early but she told me she had a rough day. Her mom and I where both relieved.

Getting from Lady G's house to my house without a car isn't convenient and the walk to the subway station isn't a pleasant one but I had my camera that night so at least I had something to do along the way.

I passed that make shift memorial. I was surprised to see the glow of a candle. I remember when she was hit by a car. The car was driven by someone with mob connections. The location is one block up and one block over from where Lady G lives, when the news of a young girl being hit and killed made the paper I remember checking to make certain it wasn't anybody I knew, I coldly labeled her unimportant but the photo proves otherwise.

Photo Hosted at Buzznet.com

No comments: