Thursday, April 01, 2004

CAUTION - another squirrel story...


The other day, I had some time before I had to leave the house for work so I sat down and put my feet up. As soon as the feet were up I was worrying about a loaf of Pepperidge Farm bread that I had bought a couple days before for the purpose of toasting but I hadn’t made time for toasting any of it. Pepperidge Farm white bread is the best for toasting, without a doubt. Anyway, I’m trying to calculate the life span of the loaf and my toast consuming abilities and I fear the two don’t jive. I will have to throw some bread away. And there I was sitting with my feet up while I should have been eating toast.

So today I guilted myself into eating toast, I had a banana too, with a cup o’ joe.

I’m sitting there at the kitchen table and look out onto the second day of rain and notice one of my squirrel friends all wet. I have a banana to eat so I tell my buddy he’s own his own, no peanuts today and feel a little guilt. Then this other squirrel shows up, he looks in rough shape, he’s loosing his tail hair, he doesn’t look good at all, and I swear he’s looking right at me from his little top of the post seat. So I look at the clock, look at the squirrel, look at the peanuts, I cannot really make a case that I don’t have the time to toss some peanuts out the window, and the damn peanuts are right there.

So I’m tossing peanuts so I might as well toss a bunch, so I toss a bunch.

No comments: