Sunday, April 25, 2004

The chase...

for me it's all about the chase. The goal has to impress whether it impresses just me or it is impressive to others. The goal is important, obtaining the goal is not.

There are often times when the goal is nearly obtained, I'll pull up short. Pull up short because it's about the chase and not the goal. I don't need the prize to prove I can win. I just need to prove that I can win. Prove it to myself, I'll let other witness it, I'll sometimes line up witnesses. They will say "You had it, why did you let it go?". Well, for that very reason, you saw, you know, I could have had it. It's about the chase not the goal.

Some chases are longer than others, some seem impossible. Sometimes the impossible becomes possible.

When the possible arrives from the impossible, the chase is cheapened. Ordinary. Normal. Average.

No comments: