Monday, April 26, 2004

Married life.

Lady G left something for me last night, it was in a GAP bag so I guessed it was something from the GAP. It was. Well, one item was from the GAP the other item was a card.

The card looked like one of those award certificates only this was a smaller version. The size of a card. The small sized certificate said something like “Happy Birthday to the world’s greatest husband, from your greatest fan in Massachusetts”. It was signed by Lady G with my surname added to the end of hers.

I thought they must be a big hit with the polygamists. There must be such cards for most every state. I don’t know why the makers of the card thought it was a good idea to place a state name on a World’s Greatest Husband card. And what’s the deal with the greatest fan reference?

Yeah, I’m a stranger to you but I noticed you and your wife in the grocery store and thought, what a great husband, and just had to send you this card. I’m a huge fan of yours!

It’s all very odd but I did like the card, even though I’m not married and it’s not my birthday or even close to it.

Lady G calls.
“Did you get the package”
“Yeah, I liked the card”
“Yeah, I thought it was cute. And the shirt might be a little warm to wear now but I liked it”

The shirt is a little bolder than I would have picked out but I’ll wear just about anything especially if I can put the decision making onto someone else.

“What’s the deal with the shirt?”
“My girlfriend picked it out”
“Oh…”

No comments: