Tuesday, April 06, 2004

Wholesome...

So, I'm no longer wholesome.

wholesome adj.

1. Conducive to sound health or well-being; salutary: simple, wholesome food; a wholesome climate.
2. Promoting mental, moral, or social health: wholesome entertainment.
3. Sound; healthy.

I wish I could say I never was, wholesome that is, but I know that to be untrue.

I wish I could say I didn't care that my wholesomeness level has waned.

I wish I could say that I don't worry that I have succumbed to unwholesomeness.

There are still lines that I haven't crossed but others I have bounded over.

succumb intr.v

1. To submit to an overpowering force or yield to an overwhelming desire; give up or give in.
2. To die

Those definitions, as are all the definitions which I include, are for me, hard, fast, unchanging.

Do I promote mental, moral, or social health, in myself or in others?

For good or bad, the answer maybe memorialized in this very space.

Perhaps, maybe is not the most correct adverb.

But, wholesomeness is for suckers, isn't it?

No comments: