Tuesday, April 06, 2004

New posting for a job...

The new posting went up today. Someone from distant parts in where I work caught me on the subway today, he asks if I've seen the posting. I tell him I haven't but I know about it. He asks who's better qualified than me for the job. I can only discount folks. I have nobody who fits the bill better.

It's more money. It's with people I respect. I could enjoy just having one major responsibility. But am I happy about it? Let's just say I don't feel like dancing.

Leaving where I've been for the last eight and a half years doesn't sit well with me. The kicker is I'm not happy where I am. Some folks have helped me the best they can. I think there are feelings of guilt leaving cohorts behind. Things are going to change if I leave, hardest hit will be those who helped me the most.

No comments: