Sunday, August 13, 2006

Given the choice, I'd choose Coke

here's the thing: it's no difference if I walk to the toilet or out the door to the bank.

There is a difference when I get to my destination but in the eyes of those watching there is no difference, that is, as long as they always think your trips are trips to the toilet or at least you state as much.

So I was making a trip to the 'toilet,' the kind with the ATM, and I noticed this Coke truck screwing up traffic as he was exiting a small side street and said Coke truck had two of the roll-up side doors opened. I was wondering if he knew his doors were opened or not and I also wondered if I could abscond with a case of 16oz Cokes. I was still doing that wondering as I was passing behind the truck when I noticed that his dolly thingamajig was still left in the street and I concluded that the Coke truck wasn't going too far. My conclusion can right at the same moment as when I heard his backup warning beeping start.

I did a holy shit type reaction thing to keep from being run over and catch the reaction of the driver, in his side mirror, who finally noticed that he was just about to commit vehicular homicide. He looked worried. I just laughed because it would have been very hard to explain how I got hit by a Coke truck while I was on a trip to the toilet.

I then thanked God that at least it wasn't a Pepsi truck.

No comments: