Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Sometimes I try to escape my Hell Hole by buying lottery tickets

Sometimes I'll scratch lottery tickets at the bar. Sometimes, I'll bring one for the bartender and the waitress as well. We'll trade any winnings in for more tickets until we're all complete losers.

During this process yesterday, I was asked to get the new Bingo scratch tickets and the ones I brought back were numbered 25 to 29. The waitress got excited for a brief moment because she thought she might have ticket 33.

"Is thirty three your favorite number?"

"No. Three is but thirty three is two threes so it's even better."

We won twenty bucks on that go round so when I went to buy more, I made certain I got ticket number 33. I let her scratch it. It won three dollars. I then took a picture of it.

"What are you doing?"

"Taking a picture. A friend of mine collects pictures of thirty threes."

"Which friend?"

"I only know her from the internet."

The conversation sort of ended after that.


My hole isn't really that hellish

No comments: