Wednesday, August 02, 2006

"I still can't hear and it's getting worse."

Which reminds me I have to google sudden hearing loss

...

So, I'm walking out of the office by the TV-less TV cart that has some plant sitting on it and notice a cockroach. Play it cool is what I hear with inside my head in situations such as this. The first objective is to kill the roach. The second objective is to not bring attention to the fact that there is a roach about.

I turned back around because I had walked past the roach and following me is a male co-worker, who I swear saw me looking right at the roach but he didn't acknowledge the insect, just my weird behavior. I want to say "What?! There's a roach?! Freak!" but that doesn't fit with objective number two. I decide to worry about him thinking that I'm weird later. I wonder how he couldn't see the roach.

Once we pass each other, I sweep the roach with my bare hand onto the carpeted floor.

"Never step on a roach because if it had eggs, you'll bring them home one your shoe," I hear in my head. I step on it and then drag my foot across the carpet leaving a smear.

I'm pretty certain it was a male cockroach.

No comments: