Sunday, August 06, 2006

a picture kiss

I've wasted or let rot a lot of what I was given.

I've read that sentence above is not good writing.



We were at the same place for lunch and then after work we were at the same place for beers.

"I think that's the first time I've spoken to him since…the last time."

"Yeah, I don't know what his problem was but I think I figured out why I have trouble with those interviews. I think that job would be it for me, that would be as high as I could go and I'm not certain I'm ready to be done. Also, Al, God bless his soul, died at that job."

"Al was quite happy with the job."

I stopped talking about, what I had said took a bit out of me. If I had continued, I would have said that the job is different now than it was when Al was doing it. Al was drawing by hand with pen and paper. The job now is digital; hands don't actually touch the paper. It’s the difference between a kiss and a picture of a kiss.

No comments: