Sunday, August 13, 2006

"Oh sorry. Was I keeping you waiting?" Danielle asked my buddy who had set his empty pint glass at the edge of the bar.

"That's okay. I ain't got to leave yet."

"Timmy's so nice, he doesn't drain the glass, so it doesn't look like he's been waiting, so I won't feel bad."

I just smiled.



"Screw you and your glass!"

Yeah, plastic cups suck but then so didn't he. I don't think he liked it when the bartender came back with an ice cream for me either, or that I was getting shots I hadn't ordered.

"How come you get to clean the bar without getting yelled at?" I was asked by the guy the bartenders call the complainer.

"Because I don't ask for napkins, I just do it. I don't interrupt them."

I sat wondering why the bartenders didn't like the guys sitting on either side of me. I wasn't a fan of either of them but I didn't think they were too troublesome. I think it comes down to how we perceive ourselves to be, when we sit at the bar. They act as customers to be served. I behave as a guest in someone's house. And we each get treated as such.

No comments: