Thursday, August 03, 2006

It's kind of like having a little brother; I can kick the crap out of him but nobody else better try or my friends can pound the heck out of his shoulders or thighs as long as they get my go ahead.


When you're the only on in the office that can produce interesting stuff, people tend to look about.

"Just keep walking buddy"



"Everyone's leaving. Did you hear the manager is leaving? Actually she has already left."

It was news to me. I had heard that the owner and someone else were involved in a conversation that had gotten loud. I didn't know who it was with until I heard the manger left.

I just play it cool when I hear things like that, partly because I want others to play it cool as well. I've been with the owner for over twenty year. I'm the one constant. People come, people go; I try not to get attached. People think I'm cold.

The manager is a friend of the owner. I believe she lives in a house the owner owns. I believe what she does for the owner is her main source of income.

I was in the office last night. It was an off night for me but things needed to get done. The owner was there.

"She won't give me the passwords. I just wonder what she is thinking."

"She's not thinking of the big picture."

"That's for sure."

It was just assumed that I knew what was going on. I've found out that even if I don't know what's going on, enough gets said so I can figure it out. The manager had a bit of a breakdown; she's having trouble with her children and the stress of the office just got to be too much for her. She took some time off without any advance notification during the busy season.

We were able to figure out some passwords.

"How do you remember those things?"

I don't know. Doesn't everybody have that ability? There are some things that I do forget.


We got a special request at the day job. Something that needs to be done lickety-split, meaning next week sometime. My boss is all in a fluster and is trying to help. He needs to stay out of my way and he needs to relax. We have today and all of tomorrow before next week.

No comments: