Tuesday, October 03, 2006

He needs to calm down and think.

He tossed the keys on my desk.

"Call Maintenance. The car you drove last has a flat tire."

I know I didn't drive it last because the keys were not around on Thursday but I'm pretty certain that no one else will own up to driving the car so I figured that I would try to fix the problem. I've never had to call Maintenance before but I know they like the keys left in the car which my supervisor should have done when he was there so I took the two block walk to deposit the keys.

Sure enough the car had a flat, I put the key into the passenger's side door because the driver's side door doesn't work so good but I couldn't turn the key. I then looked at the car's plate number. It wasn't the car I drove last.

"1014's the one with the flat. Not 1012." I told him over my cell phone.

"Wait a minute." I could hear him talking to the guy he was with about what car was where.

"I'm standing here on Elm Street in front of the 1014. It's the ten fourteen with the flat. It's the ten fourteen that's on Elm Street. I tried to get in with the keys you gave me and they wouldn't work. You gave me the keys to the ten twelve."

"Oh. Where's the ten twelve."

"I'm looking for it, now"

"They keys weren't labeled so--"

"The keys are labeled. It's etched on them."

"Oh. I'll meet you on Oak."

"Okay, but bring the keys to the ten fourteen so I can leave them for Maintenance."

If he had tried to leave the keys like you're supposed to he would have found out the problem himself. He could have found the 1012 parked on the next street over and he could have gone about his merry way. He could have even called to tell me that the 1014 had a flat and asked me to call Maintenance and I would have done such.

No comments: