Thursday, October 19, 2006

He was in Nam so he gets a walk

sometimes I'm a cocky son of a bitch

(no offense, mom)


He is the boss of me

"What problem are you trying to solve?"

"There is no 251," he said again a little exasperated as he was holding plan number 251 while showing me the index map with number 251 on it. I was seeing two pieces of evidence that 251 did indeed exist, so I still couldn't understand his question.

"Are there two two-fifty-one's?" I asked and he was stumped. The index map showed a different location for 251 than the plan he was holding. I watched the gears grind and finally he said "No."

"Is not 240 correct?" There were two numbers on the map by the location he wanted; one was in ink and the other in pencil. The index map was incorrect; that much I knew but I didn't know if the map as wrong because the plans were wrong or if someone just put the wrong number on the map. My question was met with more silence, so I just got up and checked out all my questions myself.

The solution was simply to erase the number 251 from its wrong location on the index map. There wasn't a missing plan, there wasn't a wrong plan, there was just a hand written 251 in the wrong place. So I grabbed my eraser.

"I can do it."

"No, I've got it."

No comments: