Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Three and a half hours, there and back

After I made coffee and finished the dishes from the day before, I went out the back door to the shed and pulled out the hedge trimmer. I had just found my Carhartt Coat (mine's dark brown) which I thought would fit the bill for the weather outside but it was actually too much. I walked to the front of the house and placed the trimmer on the porch, then walked back to the side door, went in and took my coat off.

While inside, I opened the front door, picked up the trimmer and brought it inside. I then proceeded to find all the parts to my Xbox and finished Halo 2. I turns out I had one mission left.

I wrote a post or two, that may or may not get published. I tried to reply to an email but the only words I could find didn't convey my message, so it's just a draft.

I called Lady G because I hadn't told her I wasn't in work. I didn't want her dropping by and not find me. She was in Bermuda; she had planned to stay another day but later she called and asked if I would pick her up at the airport, and I did.

"So why'd you take time off?"

"Because I was letting things get to me."

"What things?"

"Mostly just people complaining."

"About you."

"No! About things they really shouldn't be complaining about."

She continued to ask questions and I continued to short answer them.

"You should go to Vermont and check on the house or something."

"I dunno, maybe."

"Just get away for a couple days. Shut off the phone."

"I can't stay over night. It's not set up."

"Then stay at a bed and breakfast. You really should go."

"Maybe."

No comments: