Tuesday, October 03, 2006

She's in the archives somewhere. Some guy was talking to her and even though she was being patient and polite to the guy, she was making it perfectly clear that she would rather not be in a conversation with the guy, so when the guy took a breath, I started talking to her. She shifted in her chair to face me, placed her hand on my arm and quietly said "Thank you."

After the guy left, I went back to my mostly quiet ways, involved in the conversation she was having with the bartender with an occasional nod when either of them looked my way.

Before she went to Florida, I knew she was sticking by her drug addicted boyfriend even though I surmised it was to her detriment. I think Florida was part of the plan to save him.

She always seems to attract the odd but she always handles it coolly; she doesn't seem to let much get to her. I wonder what it's like for her when she's bartending. There is more control when there is a bar between the conversation.

She has a calm strength.

No comments: